A new study from UBC researchers suggests a strong correlation between following the MIND and Mediterranean diets and later onset of Parkinson’s disease (PD). While researchers have long known of neuroprotective effects of the MIND diet for diseases like Alzheimer’s and dementia, this study is the first to suggest a link between this diet and brain health for Parkinson’s disease (PD).
- Rush researchers demonstrate success with new therapy for COVID-19
- Exploration of toxic Tiger Rattlesnake venom advances use of genetic science techniques
- Protected areas vulnerable to growing emphasis on food security
- Appearance, social norms keep students off Zoom cameras
- Genome editing to treat human retinal degeneration