Scientists at Incheon National University, Korea, develop a control strategy that allows for transferring power wirelessly through multiple transmitter coils with maximum efficiency. Unlike conventional approaches in which only the transmitter closer to the receiver is active, this novel method dispatches the optimal amount of current to each transmitter, depending on the degree of coupling with the receiver. This technique will help surpass the hurdles of wired charging in electric vehicles and industrial robots.
- Metoclopramide inhibits proliferation of leukemia stem cells
- UC study: The dangers of drugged driving are outpacing drunk driving
- Partners in crime: genetic collaborator may influence severity of the rare disease, NGLY1
- Life-threatening complications during pregnancy: greater long-term risk of death
- Race plays a role in children’s food allergies