Superstorm Sandy brought flood-levels to the New York region that had not been seen in generations. Now, due to the impact of climate change, researchers at Stevens Institute of Technology have found that 100-year and 500-year flood levels could become regular occurrences for the thousands of homes surrounding Jamaica Bay, New York by the end of the century.
- Culture shapes willingness to share personal data to reduce COVID-19 spread
- Getting to net zero — and even net negative — is surprisingly feasible, and affordable
- Findings may help close door on COVID-19
- Well connected through amides
- Study shows racial disparities in elementary school disciplinary actions