The synthesis and self-organization of biological macromolecules is essential for life on earth. Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet (LMU) in Munich chemists now report the spontaneous emergence of complex ring-shaped macromolecules with low degrees of symmetry in the laboratory.
- Nonlinear beam cleaning in spatiotemporally mode-locked lasers
- Stanford engineers combine light and sound to see underwater
- Business closures, partial reopenings due to COVID-19 could cost the US $3-$5 trillion i
- An escape route for seafloor methane
- Study identifies countries and states with greatest age biases