A joint research team of Toyohashi University of Technology and Osaka City University has proposed two analytical models to evaluate the reflection directional characteristics of retro-reflective (RR) materials applied to building envelopes for urban heat island (UHI) mitigation, based on the measured data of optical experiments. The predication result of the anisotropic body of rotation of the normal distribution function (AND) model is more accurate than that of the original analytical model.
- ‘Artificial Pancreas Dashboard’ to standardize hybrid closed-loop reporting
- Pets, touch and COVID-19: why our furry friends are lifesavers
- Older adults in wealthier countries drink more alcohol
- ‘Anti-antibiotic’ allows for use of antibiotics without driving resistance
- Football-loving states slow to enact youth concussion laws