The ultra-small hollow ternary alloy PtNiCu, PtCoCu and CuNiCo nanoparticles were prepared via an effective and simple one-pot strategy. Due to moderately synergistic interactions between the three metals of Pt, Ni, Cu and H*, the hollow PtNiCu nanoparticles showed the excellent hydrogen evolution reaction (HER) performance. In alkaline electrolyte, the overpotential at 10 mA cm-2 is 28 mV versus RHE. Its mass activity is 5.62-fold higher than that of commercial Pt/C system.
- New shape-changing 4D materials hold promise for morphodynamic tissue engineering
- UM scientists achieve breakthrough in culturing corals and sea anemones cells
- New discoveries on the containment of COVID-19 finds travel bans are of limited value
- Baby mice have a skill that humans want – and this microchip might help us learn it
- Fantastic voyage: Nanobodies could help CRISPR turn genes on and off