A team of scientists including two physicists at the University of Sussex has found a way to circumvent a 178-year old theory which means they can effectively cancel magnetic fields at a distance. They are the first to be able to do so in a way which has practical benefits.
- Oceans were stressed preceding abrupt, prehistoric global warming
- A giant, sizzling planet may be orbiting the star Vega
- The impact of lockdown drives us to make poorer choices
- Atmospheric drying will lead to lower crop yields, shorter trees across the globe
- Latest research delineates the effectiveness of “quitlines” for smoking cessation