Four in 10 people with advanced multiple sclerosis, or MS, are emotionally abused by someone responsible for caring for them, reports a study led by the University of California, Riverside. Further, the study finds one quarter are financially exploited, one in six are neglected, one in nine are battered, and one in 12 are sexually assaulted by a caregiver.
- New shape-changing 4D materials hold promise for morphodynamic tissue engineering
- UM scientists achieve breakthrough in culturing corals and sea anemones cells
- New discoveries on the containment of COVID-19 finds travel bans are of limited value
- Baby mice have a skill that humans want – and this microchip might help us learn it
- Fantastic voyage: Nanobodies could help CRISPR turn genes on and off