To better understand how the novel coronavirus behaves and how it can be stopped, scientists have completed a three-dimensional map that reveals the location of every atom in an enzyme molecule critical to SARS-CoV-2 reproduction. Researchers at the Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory used neutron scattering to identify key information to improve the effectiveness of drug inhibitors designed to block the virus’s replication mechanism.
- No more sitting in the dark?
- Study highlights barriers for women and marginalized groups in supramolecular chemistry
- Unique sensor network for measuring greenhouse gases
- Hospital-based violence intervention program engages vulnerable populations
- Hybrid microbes: Genome transfer between different bacteria strains explored