For the first time the researchers have demonstrated in a study in mice that not all muscle stem cells age equally, and have identified a subgroup with greater regenerative capacity which is maintained until geriatric age. The finding provides a basis for mitigating the loss of muscle regenerative capacity in very elderly people.
- Pushing computing to the edge by rethinking microchips’ design
- A gene provides both protection and destruction
- Study finds digital treatment for osteoarthritis is superior to traditional routine care
- Research shows how single celled algae rotate as they swim towards the light
- Reducing salt in Parmigiano Reggiano cheese might not negatively affect its flavor