Hurricanes, the United States’ deadliest and most destructive weather disasters, are notoriously difficult to predict. With the average storm intensity as well as the proportion of storms that reach category 4 or 5 likely to increase, more accurate predictions of future hurricane impacts could help emergency officials and coastal populations better prepare for such storms — and ultimately, save lives.
- Predicts the onset of Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) using deep learning-based Splice-AI
- When foams collapse (and when they don’t)
- Oahu marine protected areas offer limited protection of coral reef herbivorous fishes
- Picture books can boost physical activity for youth with autism
- Atherosclerosis can accelerate the development of clonal hematopoiesis, study finds