The energy sector is not only cause, but also victim of climate change. As global temperatures rise, cooling demand is increasing. But in the face of an increased energy demand in the hot season, energy reliability may be jeopardized, due to climate change impacts on the energy system, especially in South Asia and Latin America. A review paper on Nature Energy shows how extreme climate-related events are affecting the efficiency of energy infrastructures and threatening renewable technologies.
- New shape-changing 4D materials hold promise for morphodynamic tissue engineering
- UM scientists achieve breakthrough in culturing corals and sea anemones cells
- New discoveries on the containment of COVID-19 finds travel bans are of limited value
- Baby mice have a skill that humans want – and this microchip might help us learn it
- Fantastic voyage: Nanobodies could help CRISPR turn genes on and off