New research from Edith Cowan University (ECU) has revealed that training one arm can improve strength and decrease muscle loss in the other arm – without even moving it. The findings could help to address the muscle wastage and loss of strength often experienced in an immobilised arm, such as after injury, by using eccentric exercise on the opposing arm.
- Wind farm and sleep disruption
- Blackcurrants are favorable for glucose metabolism
- Comparison of coronavirus antibody tests revealed too optimistic claims
- Adaptive Image Receive (AIR) coil from GE shows promise for whole-brain imaging
- Researchers identify the bacteria that can make the Bolson tortoise become ill