Communications in space demand the most sensitive receivers possible for maximum reach, while also requiring high bit-rate operations. A novel concept for laser-beam based communications, using an almost noiseless optical preamplifier in the receiver, was recently demonstrated by researchers at Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden.
- Coronavirus mutations show early safety measures and restrictions limited viral spread
- Artificial intelligence can now predict students’ educational outcomes based on tweets
- Tel Aviv University researchers discover molecular link between diet and risk of cancer
- Collaboration sparks new model for ceramic conductivity
- Shared religious experiences bring couples together