Scientists at the Center for Infection and Immunity (CII) at Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health have discovered bacteria linked to post-infectious hydrocephalus (PIH), the most common cause of pediatric hydrocephalus worldwide. Results of the study led by Pennsylvania State University with CII scientists and clinical colleagues in Uganda are published in the journal Science Translational Medicine.
- Medical minds meet to develop novel treatment for one patient’s immune system defect
- Report calls for easing access, improving home health for older adults
- COVID-19 news from Annals of Internal Medicine
- DNA in fringe-lipped bat poop reveals unexpected eating habits
- DrugCell: new experimental AI platform matches tumor to best drug combo