Army scientists have developed the first lethal mouse model of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, using mice that were genetically engineered to express the human ACE2 gene — a key mechanism by which the virus enters human cells. In addition to shedding light on the pathogenesis of COVID-19, this work directly contributes to the advancement of medical countermeasures against the virus.
- Nonlinear beam cleaning in spatiotemporally mode-locked lasers
- Stanford engineers combine light and sound to see underwater
- Business closures, partial reopenings due to COVID-19 could cost the US $3-$5 trillion i
- An escape route for seafloor methane
- Study identifies countries and states with greatest age biases