A new genetic and morphological study of South Asia’s hillstream loach (Balitoridae) family is shedding new light on the fishes’ unusual land-walking capabilities, including that of the family’s strangest relative — Cryptotora thamicola — a rare, blind cavefish from Thailand with an uncanny ability to walk on land and climb waterfalls using four limbs that move in salamander-like fashion.
- Scientists took a rare chance to prove we can quantify biodiversity by ‘testing the water’
- Tapping overlooked marketing data to drive business growth
- Thermal stability analysis technique for EV batteries to detect risk of fire or explosion
- Pediatric ER saw steep drop in asthma visits during spring COVID-19 lockdown
- Advancing gene editing with new CRISPR/Cas9 variant