A Seattle fishing vessel that departed port in May returned 18 days later with an unusual haul: the first human evidence that neutralizing antibodies provide protection from reinfection by SARS-CoV-2. The research is published in the Journal of Clinical Microbiology, a publication of the American Society for Microbiology.
- For people with diabetes, medicaid expansion helps, but can’t do it all: BU study
- Research shows bariatric surgery may reduce severity of COVID-19 in patients with obesity
- COVID’s collateral damage: Germicidal lamps may damage corneas
- Microbes help unlock phosphorus for plant growth
- Simple new testing method aims to improve time-release drugs