Rice stems lengthen when a newly identified gene activates during flooding. Another gene suppresses lengthening in shorter varieties. The insight could help plant breeders.
- For people with diabetes, medicaid expansion helps, but can’t do it all: BU study
- Research shows bariatric surgery may reduce severity of COVID-19 in patients with obesity
- COVID’s collateral damage: Germicidal lamps may damage corneas
- Microbes help unlock phosphorus for plant growth
- Simple new testing method aims to improve time-release drugs