A team led by the Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory created a computational model of the proteins responsible for the transformation of mercury to toxic methylmercury, marking a step forward in understanding how the reaction occurs and how mercury cycles through the environment.
- For people with diabetes, medicaid expansion helps, but can’t do it all: BU study
- Research shows bariatric surgery may reduce severity of COVID-19 in patients with obesity
- COVID’s collateral damage: Germicidal lamps may damage corneas
- Microbes help unlock phosphorus for plant growth
- Simple new testing method aims to improve time-release drugs