A team at the MDC has answered a question that has puzzled scientists for some 40 years. In the journal Cell, the group explains how cells are able to switch on completely different signaling pathways using only one signaling molecule: the nucleotide cAMP. To achieve this, the molecule is virtually imprisoned in nanometer-sized spaces.
- Repurposed mouse model sheds light on loss of smell in COVID-19
- Why people become defensive and how to address it
- Genomic analysis of mako shark reveals genes relating to tumor suppression in humans
- ‘Artificial Pancreas Dashboard’ to standardize hybrid closed-loop reporting
- Pets, touch and COVID-19: why our furry friends are lifesavers