Trivial and nontrivial photonic SSH lattices are established by direct cw-laser writing in a bulk nonlinear crystal and thereby the nonlinearity-induced coupling of light into topological edge and interface states is experimentally demonstrated. A general theoretical framework is developed for interpreting the mode-coupling dynamics in nonlinear topological systems. This protocol is also applicable to systems other than SSH lattices and even to systems beyond the photonic platform.
- The male Y chromosome does more than we thought
- Ultrapotent compound may help treat C. diff, reduce recurrence
- High-performance single-atom catalysts for high-temperature fuel cells
- Novel neuroimaging study on dissociative symptoms reveals wounds of childhood trauma
- Historical racial & ethnic health inequities account for disproportionate COVID-19 impact