Hepatocytes — the chief functional cells of the liver – are natural regenerators, and the lymph nodes serve as a nurturing place where they can multiply. Researchers demonstrated that large animals with ailing livers can grow a new organ in their lymph nodes from their own hepatocytes.
- Vitamin D regulates calcium in intestine differently than previously thought
- More evidence that cellular ‘death by iron’ could be promising avenue of cancer treatment
- Glucosamine may reduce overall death rates as effectively as regular exercise
- After 100 years, Cornell University plant pathologists revisit fire blight hypothesis
- COVID-19 may deepen depression, anxiety, and PTSD among pregnant and postpartum women