Chances are you’ve heard of probiotics: supplements delivering ‘good microbes’ to the gut, providing a wide range of health benefits. You may also be aware of prebiotics: supplements designed to fuel the good microbes already living in our guts. The next wave of gut-health supplements, known as synbiotics, essentially combine pre- and probiotics. To keep research and development on the right track, an expert panel recently redefined the term and developed guidelines on scientific investigation.
- Scientists took a rare chance to prove we can quantify biodiversity by ‘testing the water’
- Tapping overlooked marketing data to drive business growth
- Thermal stability analysis technique for EV batteries to detect risk of fire or explosion
- Pediatric ER saw steep drop in asthma visits during spring COVID-19 lockdown
- Advancing gene editing with new CRISPR/Cas9 variant