Researchers modeled the effects of rising sea levels along the California coast. While results varied with local topography, the study indicates an increased threat to populated areas already at risk from rising water tables, and the possibility of flooding in unexpected inland areas.
- Brain circuitry shaped by competition for space as well as genetics
- Scientists got one step closer to solving a major problem of hydrogen energy
- Blocking enzyme’s self-destruction process may mitigate age-related diseases
- Successful Dartmouth TB vaccine moves forward after phase 2 trial
- Geoscience: Cosmic diamonds formed during gigantic planetary collisions