The microbial ecosystem of our body plays a vital role in its upkeep. Any imbalance in this ecosystem can cause several health problems; in our mouth, this can mean tooth cavities. Motivated by the need to find out why an increasing number of young Japanese people are reporting tooth decay, scientists from Japan examined saliva samples from university students. They discovered insightful differences in the oral microbial communities of those with and without tooth decay.
- College students with disabilities at greater risk for substance abuse
- European survey shows alarmingly low awareness of erectile dysfunction
- Black women may be less likely to receive timely treatment for breast cancer
- COVID-19 and the decolonization of Indigenous public health
- Spike in new nut anaphylaxis in children at Halloween and Easter