After the first fragility fracture, there is a high risk of subsequent fractures, with the risk highest in the following two years. This is why secondary fracture prevention, and specifically topics related to Post-fracture Care Coordination Program (such as Fracture Liaison Service – FLS) development, are a focus of several live and pre-recorded presentations at the virtual World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases (WCO-IOF-ESCEO 2020 from August 20-22, 2020.Several of these important sessions and related abstracts are highlighted.
- Research suggests our galaxy’s brightest gamma-ray binary system may be powered by a magnetar star
- New butterfly-inspired hydrogen sensor is powered by light
- Parents shouldn’t worry about their baby’s inconsistent sleep patterns
- Natural three-dimensional nonlinear photonic crystal
- A hint of new physics in polarized radiation from the early universe