Deaths due to heart failure and hypertensive heart disease are increasing in the US — particularly in Black women and men — despite medical and surgical advances in heart disease management. This is the first comprehensive study to look across a spectrum of heart disease types and examine differences between sex and racial groups across age groups and geography.
- 1 in 3 who are aware of deepfakes say they have inadvertently shared them on social media
- New material ‘mines’ copper from toxic wastewater
- Potential treatment against antibiotic-resistant bacteria causing gonorrhea and meningitis
- Brain waves guide us in spotlighting surprises
- Most adults over 50 say they’ll get vaccinated against COVID-19, but many want to wait