Unsustainable trade of species is the major pathway for the introduction of invasive alien species at distant localities at higher frequencies. It is also a major driver of over-exploitation of wild populations. In a new study, published in the open-access journal Neobiota, scientists estimate the desire of Australians to own non-native and/or illegal pets and the major trends in this practice. In addition, the team suggests ways to improve biosecurity awareness in the country.
- US fishing and seafood industries saw broad declines last summer due to COVID-19
- New study compiles four years of corn loss data from 26 states and Ontario, Canada
- NIH scientists identify nutrient that helps prevent bacterial infection
- UW researchers develop tool to equitably distribute limited vaccines
- Researchers trace geologic origins of Gulf of Mexico ‘super basin’ success