Unlike chimpanzees in East and West Africa, who use a single tool to extract termites, chimpanzees in Central Africa’s Congo Basin use tool sets–puncturing sticks or perforating twigs plus fishing probes–to harvest the insects from underground nests or towering earthen mounds scattered across lowland forests.
- Protein molecules in cells function as miniature antennas
- Unexpected finding reveals new target for aggressive form of lung cancer
- Operations on screen: Creating an accessible surgery simulator
- Brexit opens the door to tougher anti-smoking measures
- Discovery of plant amyloids could help create varieties with improved seed quality