If you’ve ever been woken up before sunrise by the chirping of birds outside your window, you may have wondered: why do birds sing so loud, so early in the morning? The cacophony is mostly males, whose songs are meant to impress potential mates and rivals. Researchers say there may be a good reason why birds are most vocal at first light. By singing early and often, birds perform better during the day.
- Breathing easier with a better tracheal stent
- New delivery method promises relief from antipsychotic medication’s adverse side effects
- Biodistribution of AAV gene transfer vectors in nonhuman primate
- Want a hot stock tip? Avoid this type of investment fund
- Is your skin thirsty? Optoacoustic sensor measures water content in living tissue