Traditional ways of producing entanglements, necessary for the development of any ‘quantum internet’ linking quantum computers, are not very well suited for fiber optic telecoms networks used by today’s non-quantum internet. However, researchers have come up with a new way to produce such particles that is much more compatible.
- Trying to beat a coke habit with cannabis? Not so fast !
- Secrets of traumatic stress hidden in the brain are exposed
- Pace of prehistoric human innovation could be revealed by ‘linguistic thermometer’
- Harpy eagles could be under greater threat than previously thought
- Children can bypass age verification procedures in popular social media apps