A drug normally used in rheumatoid arthritis and cancer treatments, tocilizumab, improves hospital survival in critically-ill patients admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU). The findings were published in The Lancet Rheumatology on Aug. 14, and Hackensack Meridian Health researchers have updated the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and other national leaders of the findings to potentially accelerate improved outcomes.
- Wind farm and sleep disruption
- Blackcurrants are favorable for glucose metabolism
- Comparison of coronavirus antibody tests revealed too optimistic claims
- Adaptive Image Receive (AIR) coil from GE shows promise for whole-brain imaging
- Researchers identify the bacteria that can make the Bolson tortoise become ill