Researchers from Tokyo Medical and Dental University (TMDU) investigated how Shigella survive and multiply to cause severe inflammatory colitis. By screening several effector proteins that Shigella inject into colon cells, the researchers identified the effector proteins OspC1 and OspD3 as molecular measures through which Shigella inhibit both apoptosis and necroptosis. These findings help understand the molecular mechanisms of bacterial infections of the intestinal system.
- Wind farm and sleep disruption
- Blackcurrants are favorable for glucose metabolism
- Comparison of coronavirus antibody tests revealed too optimistic claims
- Adaptive Image Receive (AIR) coil from GE shows promise for whole-brain imaging
- Researchers identify the bacteria that can make the Bolson tortoise become ill