Research shows that the decline in the monarchs’ overwintering numbers is not due to an increase in the deaths of monarchs during the migration. The main determinant of yearly variation in overwintering population size is the size of the summer monarch butterfly population.
- Research suggests our galaxy’s brightest gamma-ray binary system may be powered by a magnetar star
- New butterfly-inspired hydrogen sensor is powered by light
- Parents shouldn’t worry about their baby’s inconsistent sleep patterns
- Natural three-dimensional nonlinear photonic crystal
- A hint of new physics in polarized radiation from the early universe