With the number of extreme weather days rising around the globe in recent years due to global warming, it is no surprise that there has been an upward trend in hospital visits and admissions for injuries caused by high heat over the last several years. But cold temperatures are responsible for almost all temperature-related deaths, according to a new study published in the journal Environmental Research.
- Scoring system improves screening for “dual” heart disease
- Scientists apply the METRIC model to estimate the land surface evapotranspiration in Nepal
- Sound waves power new advances in drug delivery and smart materials
- World’s first: Drug guides stem cells to desired location, improving their ability to heal
- 1 in 3 who are aware of deepfakes say they have inadvertently shared them on social media