A new study upends the widely held belief that a medication used to treat lymphatic filariasis doesn’t directly target the parasites that cause the disease. The research shows the medication, diethylcarbamazine, temporarily paralyzes the parasites.
- First in nation treatment for chronic subdural hematoma at Los Robles Health System
- Safe space: improving the “clean” methanol fuel cells using a protective carbon shell
- Once hospitalized, Black patients with COVID-19 have lower risk of death than white
- New CRISPR-based test for COVID-19 uses a smartphone camera
- Virtual doctor visits are increasing, but use differs by patient race, age and insurance