A group of theoretical physicists, including two physicists from the University of Groningen, have proposed a ‘table-top’ device that could measure gravity waves. However, their actual aim is to answer one of the biggest questions in physics: is gravity a quantum phenomenon? The key element for the device is the quantum superposition of large objects. Their design was published in New Journal of Physics on 6 August.
- GSA publishes seven articles on COVID-19 and aging
- Likely molecular mechanisms of SARS-CoV-2 pathogenesis are revealed by network biology
- From carbon taxes to tax breaks, emission reduction policies have widespread support
- Poll: Americans’ views of systemic racism divided by race
- Uncovering new understanding of Earth’s carbon cycle