A new study found that if EVs replaced 25% of combustion-engine cars currently on the road, the United States would save approximately $17 billion annually by avoiding damages from climate change and air pollution. In more aggressive scenarios — replacing 75% of cars with EVs and increasing renewable energy generation — savings could reach as much as $70 billion annually.
- Texas A&M study: Marine heatwaves can strengthen hurricanes
- Hackers targeting companies that fake corporate responsibility
- Hand pollination, not agrochemicals, increases cocoa yield and farmer income
- Scientists discover bacterium linked to deadly childhood disorder
- Can organic plant protection products damage crops?