The data assimilation (DA), which enabled models and observations cooperate with each other in harmony, has the potential to become a common methodology for Earth system science (ESS) overall and its branches. Now, researchers analyzes the development of DA theories and methods from various perspectives, including applications in the main fields of ESS, the origins of the research paradigm, the evolution of theories and methods, and future trends and challenges.
- Fast-moving gas flowing away from young star caused by icy comet vaporisation
- COVID-19 studies should also focus on mucosal immunity, researchers argue
- Measuring broken hearts: divorce has negative effects on physical and mental health
- Scientists reveal regions of the brain where serotonin promotes patience
- Mine ponds amplify mercury risks in Peru’s Amazon