Army scientists have demonstrated that a “decoy” receptor developed by University of Illinois researchers has potent neutralizing activity against SARS-CoV-2–activity that is on par with the best neutralizing antibodies identified to date. Furthermore, they found that the decoy receptor not only neutralizes SARS-CoV-2, but also acts to neutralize SARS-CoV-1, a closely related virus that uses the same cellular receptor. Results appear in the Aug. 4 online edition of Science.
- Trying to beat a coke habit with cannabis? Not so fast !
- Secrets of traumatic stress hidden in the brain are exposed
- Pace of prehistoric human innovation could be revealed by ‘linguistic thermometer’
- Harpy eagles could be under greater threat than previously thought
- Children can bypass age verification procedures in popular social media apps