Nature’s blueprint for the human limb is a carefully layered structure with stiff bone wrapped in layers of different soft tissue, like muscle and skin, all bound to each other perfectly. Achieving this kind of sophistication using synthetic materials to build biologically inspired robotic parts or multicomponent, complex machines has been an engineering challenge.
- Better diet and glucose uptake in the brain lead to longer life in fruit flies
- Rapid blood test identifies COVID-19 patients at high risk of severe disease
- New study connects religiosity in US South Asians to cardiovascular disease
- USask study finds COVID isolation worsens student diets, inactivity, and alcohol intake
- Scientists offer road map to improve environmental observations in the Indian Ocean