Nature’s blueprint for the human limb is a carefully layered structure with stiff bone wrapped in layers of different soft tissue, like muscle and skin, all bound to each other perfectly. Achieving this kind of sophistication using synthetic materials to build biologically inspired robotic parts or multicomponent, complex machines has been an engineering challenge.
- Ecological power storage battery made of vanillin
- The most sensitive optical receivers yet for space communications
- The development of climate security discourse in Japan
- Foreign election interference focuses on cultivating distrust, reducing consensus
- COVID-19 infects majority of bad dreams — study