Scientists have identified a small molecule that inhibits multiple different viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, in tissue culture and in mice by targeting the same signaling pathway. By identifying a host cell pathway that a wide variety of viruses rely on for successful infection, the findings suggest a possible target for broad-spectrum antiviral drugs.
- What makes psoriasis sore: Novel role of immune system in the disease
- Researchers developed a sequence analysis pipeline for virus discovery
- Better diabetes treatment: New insulin molecule can self-regulate blood sugar
- Higher frequency of financial reporting hinders corporate innovation
- Scientists peer into the 3D structure of the Milky Way