Many quantum materials have been nearly impossible to simulate mathematically because the computing time required is too long. Now a joint research group at Freie Universität Berlin and the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin (HZB, Germany) has demonstrated a way to considerably reduce the computing time. This could accelerate the development of materials for energy-efficient IT technologies of the future.
- Research suggests our galaxy’s brightest gamma-ray binary system may be powered by a magnetar star
- New butterfly-inspired hydrogen sensor is powered by light
- Parents shouldn’t worry about their baby’s inconsistent sleep patterns
- Natural three-dimensional nonlinear photonic crystal
- A hint of new physics in polarized radiation from the early universe