According to ARRS’ American Journal of Roentgenology (AJR), 537 of 4,696 second-opinion reports–11.4%, likely underestimated, too–were not read by a clinician. The imaging modality with the highest rate of not being read was sonography (62.5%), the requesting specialty with the highest rate was pediatrics (33.8%), and the radiologic subspecialty with the highest rate was interventional radiology (52.2%).
- Researchers adapt cell phone camera for SARS-CoV-2 detection
- Mailman School experts contribute to new Lancet report on health and climate change
- Research reveals how airflow inside a car may affect COVID-19 transmission risk
- No strings attached: maximizing wireless charging efficiency with multiple transmitters
- First in nation treatment for chronic subdural hematoma at Los Robles Health System