By tinkering with some of life’s oldest components, astrobiologists hope to find clues about how life emerged. In a recent paper, a group led by Betül Kaçar at the University of Arizona report an unexpected discovery, hinting at an effect that prevents organisms from ever reaching evolutionary perfection.
- Scoring system improves screening for “dual” heart disease
- Scientists apply the METRIC model to estimate the land surface evapotranspiration in Nepal
- Sound waves power new advances in drug delivery and smart materials
- World’s first: Drug guides stem cells to desired location, improving their ability to heal
- 1 in 3 who are aware of deepfakes say they have inadvertently shared them on social media