By tinkering with some of life’s oldest components, astrobiologists hope to find clues about how life emerged. In a recent paper, a group led by Betül Kaçar at the University of Arizona report an unexpected discovery, hinting at an effect that prevents organisms from ever reaching evolutionary perfection.
- Faced with shortages, researchers combine heat and humidity to disinfect N95 masks
- 160 genes linked to brain shrinkage in study of 45,000 adults
- Ascorbic acid-mediated reactions in organic synthesis
- COVID-19 news from Annals of Internal Medicine
- Coldest Northern Hemisphere temperature, first recorded by UW, officially confirmed