A Canadian-Finnish collaboration has led to the discovery of a novel magnetic compound in which two magnetic dysprosium metal ions are bridged by two aromatic organic radicals forming a pancake bond. The results of this study can be utilized to improve the magnetic properties of similar compounds. The research results were published in the well-recognized chemistry journal – Inorganic Chemistry Frontiers in July 2020 – with the cover art.
- Scoring system improves screening for “dual” heart disease
- Scientists apply the METRIC model to estimate the land surface evapotranspiration in Nepal
- Sound waves power new advances in drug delivery and smart materials
- World’s first: Drug guides stem cells to desired location, improving their ability to heal
- 1 in 3 who are aware of deepfakes say they have inadvertently shared them on social media