New observations by the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope suggest that the unexpected dimming of the supergiant star Betelgeuse was most likely caused by an immense amount of hot material ejected into space, forming a dust cloud that blocked starlight coming from Betelgeuse’s surface.
- Trying to beat a coke habit with cannabis? Not so fast !
- Secrets of traumatic stress hidden in the brain are exposed
- Pace of prehistoric human innovation could be revealed by ‘linguistic thermometer’
- Harpy eagles could be under greater threat than previously thought
- Children can bypass age verification procedures in popular social media apps