To judge the overall effectiveness of cover crops and choose those offering the most ecosystem services, agricultural scientists must consider the plants’ roots as well as above-ground biomass, according to Penn State researchers who tested the characteristics of cover crop roots in three monocultures and one mixture.
- Researchers adapt cell phone camera for SARS-CoV-2 detection
- Mailman School experts contribute to new Lancet report on health and climate change
- Research reveals how airflow inside a car may affect COVID-19 transmission risk
- No strings attached: maximizing wireless charging efficiency with multiple transmitters
- First in nation treatment for chronic subdural hematoma at Los Robles Health System