Synthetic polymers have changed the world around us. However, It is hard to finely tune some of their properties, such as the ability to transport ions. To overcome this problem, assistant professor Giuseppe Portale decided to take inspiration from nature and created a new class of polymers based on protein-like materials that work as proton conductors and might be useful in future bio-electronic devices.
- Protein molecules in cells function as miniature antennas
- Unexpected finding reveals new target for aggressive form of lung cancer
- Operations on screen: Creating an accessible surgery simulator
- Brexit opens the door to tougher anti-smoking measures
- Discovery of plant amyloids could help create varieties with improved seed quality